The Candy Chalkboard Paint is a special paint that can turn essentially any surface instantly into a chalkboard. The Candy Chalkboard Paint is fast drying, low gloss, durable, washable, and scrubbable ! It makes a great gift for children, where it allows them to express their creativity on the walls without the need to worry about long-term damage since it can easily be wiped off. Parents can help their children with learning shapes, colors, math and reading skills by writing on the chalkboard. Thus, it is a great idea for a child’s bedroom wall to be painted with Chalkboard Paint. You can convert any kind of object from metal, plastic, wood, glass, paperboard, table tops and hardboard into a chalkboard with just using this paint.
So, if you are looking for a gift idea for a child, or a way to improve your home, try making a chalkboard out of an ordinary surface using the Chalkboard Paint. It will add fun and convenience to whatever you use it for!
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
• Make sure the area is free from any holes, cracks, dirt and oil
• If the wall has texture, please sand it for best results
• Area temperature should be above 2°C, below 42°C, and humidity below 85%
• Use a foam brush, or short hair paint brush
• Use painter’s tape to cover moldings or trim in any area you want to paint
• Shake or stir until the paint is completely mixed
• Make sure there is no metallic powder at the bottom of the container
• Apply reasonable amount of paint when using foam brush or roller
• Add 5% water to dilute if you are using roller
• Add 10% water to dilute if you are using spray with the diameter of the gun mouth set at 2mm
• Maintain good ventilation throughout the drying and curing period
• Poor ventilation may inhibit curing and performance.
• Let the paint dry at approx 30 minutes under 25°C ~ 30°C
• Apply the next coat only after 2 hours for best result
• No need to sand magnetic paint between coats
• After the last coat, sand with 400# sand paper slightly before applying the topcoat
• If you want to cover your wall with wallpaper, apply only after 48 hours after it dried
• Test with magnet over the wallpaper to see the effect, 4th coat may be needed
The strength of magnetism of magnet has impact-on the adsorption. It can’t hold heavy black magnets.
We recommend the use of Neodymium magnets or E-Stationary rubber magnet sheet. (large contact surface).
(Neodymium/Rare Earth magnet is NOT recommended for children under 5 years as they are not edible and lethal when swallowed)
Q : How should it be applied ?
A : Make sure the surface is completely clean and free of debris with using a foam roller or a soft bristle brush – BUT, a foam brush will yield a smoother finished surface.
Q : How many coats do I need to put on?
A : We recommend three coats of the Magnetic Receptive Paint allowing each coat to dry 1~2 hours before reapplying.
Let it dry completely for 24 hours to cure before applying with two finish coats of Dry Erase Whiteboard paint or Chalkboard paint or any good quality latex paint.
We STRONGLY recommend to test the magnet strength with the magnet you want to use before applying any topcoat.
The more coats of paint will directly influence how heavy/how many magnets will stick to the wall
Q : What is it ?
A : Magnetic Paint is a water based latex paint mixed with a very fine non-rust iron powder. .
Q : What color is it?
A : It’s gray color due to the iron powder in the paint.
Q : Does it work with all magnets ?
A : No, magnets that are too heavy won’t stick, the flat type R4 size of magnet sheet also work.
We recommend Neodymium (rare earth magnet) as it is 10 times stronger than those black clay magnet.
Q : How does it work ?
A : The iron powder in the paint creates a magnetic receptive surface.
Q : Will it have a texture?
A : Yes, the paint will have a slightly textured feel to it due to the iron powder in the paint. Customers can use a foam pad to go over the last coat lightly to make it a smoother surface. You can also use a #400 sandpaper to slight sand the surface to make it smooth. If the applied surface is really not smooth enough, you can use the putty / fillers and slight skim the surface to make it smooth and flat.
Q : Is there any lead in it ?
A : No, the iron powder is what makes it magnetic receptive.
Q : Will it interfere with computers ?
A : No, the paint itself is not magnetic. It is the iron powder that creates a magnetic receptive surface for a magnet to stick to, just like a refrigerator door. It is safe to use in a home or office and will not interfere with computer equipment.
Q : Is there any thickness of the Magnetic Paint ?
A : To avoid visible coating thickness differences between magnetic and non-magnetic areas, it is recommended that a complete wall or area be coated or that the edge of the magnetic area be decorated or framed to clearly delineate the available magnetic area.
Q : Is it safe to use in a home ?
A : Yes, the Candy Magnetic Paint is no VoC paint so it is child friendly.
It is an acrylic, latex, water-based paint primer. It contains no lead, and conforms to environmental VOC regulations and ASTM #D4236.
Once applied and dry, it is as safe as any other surface in your home.
Q : How should I clean the tools?
A : Dispose the paint tools in a proper way.